The Freedom of Information Act (FOI) allows anyone to access information held by public bodies. Using the Act, you can request information from UHSM and get a response within 20 working days.
Sometimes there may be very good reasons why the Trust cannot release certain information but in these situations the Trust will refer to the exemptions in the FOI Act and let the applicant know why the information cannot be released. An example of this would be where the information requested was the personal information of another person or commercially sensitive.
UHSM will also indicate whether there may be exemptions or charges for supplying the information where this is in excess of the appropriate limit of £450.
The FOI Act is supported by the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) which gives public access to environmental information which is held by public authorities.
- The Act recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services such as the NHS are organised and run, and how much they cost.
- Members of the public have the right to know what services the trust provides, the targets that have to be met, the standards of services that are expected, and the results achieved.
Our publication scheme helps you find commonly requested information which is published about the Trust.
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
Access to Information
Requests for information made under the Freedom of Information Act must:
- Be made in writing – this includes letters, emails or faxes
- State the name of the applicant
- Give an address where the response can be sent – this can be a postal address or an email address
- Provide details of the information requested
Before making an FOI request, please check our Publication scheme as this contains commonly requested information, such as policies, board minutes, performance reports and more. If the information you want is not included in our publication scheme, please e-mail your request to: email@example.com or write to us at: